Wondering what to do with all the leftover pumpkin now that you’ve carved out your decorations? Chuck it in a blender with a few extra fruit and veg and make the best Halloween pumpkin smoothie! Packed with anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, beta-carotene, healthy fats (omega-3s, omega-6s, MCTs), vitamins B(B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9), C, E, K… A quick and easy way to use up any excess pumpkin whilst also making use of some delicious seasonal fruit and veg!
1. Wash your ingredients.
2. Cut off the ends of your pumpkin, peel and chop in to chunks. Otherwise if you want to keep the pumpkin base, scoop out the seeds and some of the pumpkin meat. To make use of the pumpkin seeds, rinse under water, wash away the pulp and roast for about 30 mins.
3. Cut open your apples and pears and remove the seeds and stems.
4. Peel the lemon.
5. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
6. Chuck half of them into your blender.
7. Add the raw cacao, hemp and flax seeds.
8. Add the pumpkin seeds, nutmeg and cinnamon stick.
9. Scoop in the passion fruit.
10. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
11. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
12. Add the XCT oil and water.
13. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
14. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour into a large juice container and keep with you as something to sip on throughout the day or at the gym!
Or add some nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into the best Halloween pumpkin smoothie bowl!
For more smoothie bowls check out my collection here!
The Tutti Frutti – The Best Grape and Berry Smoothie If you’re feeling a bit wild and crazy try this explosive, delicious, best grape and berry smoothie! It’s bursting with flavour and packed with anti-inflammatories,…
The Sweet Sensation – A Sweet Nutritious Healthy Smoothie A dazzling sweet nutritious summer smoothie using a balanced mix of core healthy ingredients with the added aromas of a ripe nectarine. Rich in Vitamins A, B(B1,B2, B3…
The Ginger Ninja – A Simple Ginger And Turmeric Smoothie Thats The Ultimate Assassin Of Viruses And Bad Bacteria Autumn’s here and you’ve got the flu again? Wipe out any symptoms by unleashing a glass-full…
The Purrp – The Best Beetroot And Grape Smoothie If you find yourself wondering what to do with those leftover beets, then look no further than this delicious and best beetroot and grape smoothie! Packed…
The Shabba Ranks – A Healthy Nutritious Protein Shake Booyaka! Booyaka! Start your day with a little Ting-A-Ling-A-Ling-A-Ling! Sweet nutritious smoothie packed with healthy proteins, amino acids, vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9), C,…