Wondering what to do with all the leftover pumpkin now that you’ve carved out your decorations? Chuck it in a blender with a few extra fruit and veg and make the best Halloween pumpkin smoothie! Packed with anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, beta-carotene, healthy fats (omega-3s, omega-6s, MCTs), vitamins B(B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9), C, E, K… A quick and easy way to use up any excess pumpkin whilst also making use of some delicious seasonal fruit and veg!
1. Wash your ingredients.
2. Cut off the ends of your pumpkin, peel and chop in to chunks. Otherwise if you want to keep the pumpkin base, scoop out the seeds and some of the pumpkin meat. To make use of the pumpkin seeds, rinse under water, wash away the pulp and roast for about 30 mins.
3. Cut open your apples and pears and remove the seeds and stems.
4. Peel the lemon.
5. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
6. Chuck half of them into your blender.
7. Add the raw cacao, hemp and flax seeds.
8. Add the pumpkin seeds, nutmeg and cinnamon stick.
9. Scoop in the passion fruit.
10. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
11. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
12. Add the XCT oil and water.
13. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
14. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour into a large juice container and keep with you as something to sip on throughout the day or at the gym!
Or add some nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into the best Halloween pumpkin smoothie bowl!
For more smoothie bowls check out my collection here!
The Yin Yang – A Perfectly Balanced Nutritious Smoothie The key to life is all about balance! Find your inner peace with this densely nutritious smoothie packed with iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, potassium, betanin, healthy…
The Yogi – The Ultimate Yogi Smoothie Suited for the ultimate yogi master. For those looking to replenish their essential nutrients as well as giving your body the healthy protein and amino acids needed after an…
Amazing low fat milkshake thats quick easy and delicious On a diet but still want to indulge in a delicious yummy milkshake? Look no further than this. Amazing low fat milkshake thats quick easy and…
The Divine Combination – The Best Mango Smoothie Spinach and Mango make a great Pear in this super refreshing, best mango smoothie! Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, iron, calcium, zinc, copper, magnesium, potassium, healthy fats (omega-3s, omega-6s,…
The Arnold – The Ultimate Post-Workout Protein Shake Looking for a delicious post-workout protein shake? Let me introduce you to The Arnold! A wonderfully creamy smoothie packed with protein, potassium, iron, calcium, manganese, dietary fiber,…
The Super Smoothie – The Ultimate Healthy Detox Smoothie A deliciously powerful, ultimate healthy detox smoothie that also boosts energy and improves immune support! Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, beta-carotenoids, iron, calcium, protein, magnesium, betaine, healthy…