Seeing delicious fruit or veg going to waste is always a shameful sight. Use up some of those aging, over ripe, unwanted ingredients by chucking them into the blender! A simple base of leafy greens (kale/spinach) or salad leaves, some seeds/nuts, spoonful of coconut oil, and couple of extras of your choice and you’ll have yourself a delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg! By adding in a bit of coconut oil your body will be able to better absorb the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) in your smoothie.
Here’s a recipe I made earlier!
1. Wash your ingredients.
3. Cut open your apples and pears and remove the seeds and stems.
4. Peel the lemon.
6. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
7. Chuck half of them into your blender.
8. Add the raw cacao, hemp and flax seeds.
9. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
10. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
11. Add the XCT oil and water.
12. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
13. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
A delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg. Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour out into a juice container and keep as something to sip on it throughout the day or at the gym!
You could also add some nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs, or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into a delicious green smoothie bowl!
Black Magic – The Best Lychee Smoothie Summon something extra ordinary this winter with the best lychee smoothie recipe ever! A tingle on the senses, this smoothie is packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, iron, calcium, magnesium,…
Purple Rain – A Rich Nutritious Tropical Smoothie An homage to the late great Prince himself! A vibrant, rich, healthy, tropical smoothie packed with iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, omega-3s, vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B3, B5,…
Amazing low fat milkshake thats quick easy and delicious On a diet but still want to indulge in a delicious yummy milkshake? Look no further than this. Amazing low fat milkshake thats quick easy and…
The Tutti Frutti – The Best Grape and Berry Smoothie If you’re feeling a bit wild and crazy try this explosive, delicious, best grape and berry smoothie! It’s bursting with flavour and packed with anti-inflammatories,…
The Anti Flu – An Ultimate Immune Boosting Smoothie The antichrist of all flus and bugs! This zingy, nutrient rich shake is packed with anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, beta-carotene, iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, omega-3s, a whole load…