Seeing delicious fruit or veg going to waste is always a shameful sight. Use up some of those aging, over ripe, unwanted ingredients by chucking them into the blender! A simple base of leafy greens (kale/spinach) or salad leaves, some seeds/nuts, spoonful of coconut oil, and couple of extras of your choice and you’ll have yourself a delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg! By adding in a bit of coconut oil your body will be able to better absorb the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) in your smoothie.
Here’s a recipe I made earlier!
1. Wash your ingredients.
3. Cut open your apples and pears and remove the seeds and stems.
4. Peel the lemon.
6. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
7. Chuck half of them into your blender.
8. Add the raw cacao, hemp and flax seeds.
9. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
10. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
11. Add the XCT oil and water.
12. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
13. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
A delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg. Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour out into a juice container and keep as something to sip on it throughout the day or at the gym!
You could also add some nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs, or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into a delicious green smoothie bowl!
The Granny Smith – The Best Green Apple And Grape Smoothie Make use of those delicious Granny Smiths with this best green apple and grape smoothie. Pack with iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, healthy fats…
The Super Smoothie – The Ultimate Healthy Detox Smoothie A deliciously powerful, ultimate healthy detox smoothie that also boosts energy and improves immune support! Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, beta-carotenoids, iron, calcium, protein, magnesium, betaine, healthy…
Blueberry Heaven – A Healthy Delicious Protein Shake Get rid of any morning blues with this stairway to heaven! A nutritious healthy smoothie packed with antioxidants, iron, calcium, copper, magnesium, omega-3s, vitamins A, B(B1, B2,…
Salsa Maria – A Nutritious Savoury Smoothie Enjoy a spicy, vibrant salsa or a delicious Bloody Mary? Why not mix them both and try this delightful savoury smoothie packed with anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, iron, calcium, phosphorus,…
Figaro’s Ghost – The Best Halloween Pumpkin Smoothie Wondering what to do with all the leftover pumpkin now that you’ve carved out your decorations? Chuck it in a blender with a few extra fruit and…