Seeing delicious fruit or veg going to waste is always a shameful sight. Use up some of those aging, over ripe, unwanted ingredients by chucking them into the blender! A simple base of leafy greens (kale/spinach) or salad leaves, some seeds/nuts, spoonful of coconut oil, and couple of extras of your choice and you’ll have yourself a delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg! By adding in a bit of coconut oil your body will be able to better absorb the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) in your smoothie.
Here’s a recipe I made earlier!
1. Wash your ingredients.
3. Cut open your apples and pears and remove the seeds and stems.
4. Peel the lemon.
6. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
7. Chuck half of them into your blender.
8. Add the raw cacao, hemp and flax seeds.
9. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
10. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
11. Add the XCT oil and water.
12. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
13. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
A delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg. Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour out into a juice container and keep as something to sip on it throughout the day or at the gym!
You could also add some nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs, or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into a delicious green smoothie bowl!
Popeye the Spinach God – The best energy boosting smoothie Feeling a bit lethargic? Looking for a healthy pick me up? Try this delicious, healthy and best energy boosting smoothie that will get you pumped…
Acai On My Mind – A Smooth Delicious Healthy Shake Need something refreshing to pick you up after an exhausting day? Try this acai smoothie full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, calcium, magnesium, zinc, omega-3s, vitamins A, B(B1,…
The Purple $wag – A Healthy Blueberry, Beetroot Nutrient Smoothie Vibrant purple autumn shake rich in antioxidants, fibre, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, omega-3’s, vitamins K, A, C, B’s… Perfect mix to give your body the nutrients…
The Hulk – A Minty Fresh Nutrient Packed Healthy Protein Shake Green, green, everything green with a touch of fig(aro) and some passion fruit! Start your day with a SMASH through this densely packed healthy nutritious smoothie…
Bulletproof Coffee – Upgraded Coffee Blended With Grass-Fed Unsalted Butter And Brain Octane Oil A recipe created by Dave Asprey in 2009 after his travels to Tibet, where he was introduced to yak-butter tea. This…