Seeing delicious fruit or veg going to waste is always a shameful sight. Use up some of those aging, over ripe, unwanted ingredients by chucking them into the blender! A simple base of leafy greens (kale/spinach) or salad leaves, some seeds/nuts, spoonful of coconut oil, and couple of extras of your choice and you’ll have yourself a delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg! By adding in a bit of coconut oil your body will be able to better absorb the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) in your smoothie.
Here’s a recipe I made earlier!
1. Wash your ingredients.
3. Cut open your apples and pears and remove the seeds and stems.
4. Peel the lemon.
6. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
7. Chuck half of them into your blender.
8. Add the raw cacao, hemp and flax seeds.
9. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
10. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
11. Add the XCT oil and water.
12. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
13. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
A delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg. Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour out into a juice container and keep as something to sip on it throughout the day or at the gym!
You could also add some nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs, or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into a delicious green smoothie bowl!
The Usual – A Perfectly Balanced Nutritious Healthy Fruit And Veg Shake My usual blend of core fruit and veg ingredients to provide a refreshing healthy nutritious shake rich in Vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B6),…
The Carnival – A Festive Healthy Summer Shake A delicious tropical healthy smoothie packed with iron, calcium, potassium, vitamins A, B(B1,B2, B3, B5, B6, B9), C, E, K, omega-3s… Perfect to get you energized and…
The Fruit Salad – The Best Green Fruit Smoothie Welcome back the early sunshine, blooming flowers and warm breeze of the spring season with this delicious, refreshing and best green fruit smoothie! Packed with exotic…
Club Tropicana – A Delicious Refreshing Healthy Shake So good you’ll go coconuts for this recipe! A tasty nutritious smoothie packed with iron, calcium, selenium, potassium, magnesium, protein, omega-3s, vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B3, B5,…
The Figaro – A Protein Packed Dense Healthy Nutrient Shake Bring on the protein! For those who like to mix in a bit of exercise with their healthy diet, Whey provides premium, grass-fed protein with all…