Seeing delicious fruit or veg going to waste is always a shameful sight. Use up some of those aging, over ripe, unwanted ingredients by chucking them into the blender! A simple base of leafy greens (kale/spinach) or salad leaves, some seeds/nuts, spoonful of coconut oil, and couple of extras of your choice and you’ll have yourself a delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg! By adding in a bit of coconut oil your body will be able to better absorb the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) in your smoothie.
Here’s a recipe I made earlier!
1. Wash your ingredients.
3. Cut open your apples and pears and remove the seeds and stems.
4. Peel the lemon.
6. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
7. Chuck half of them into your blender.
8. Add the raw cacao, hemp and flax seeds.
9. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
10. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
11. Add the XCT oil and water.
12. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
13. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
A delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg. Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour out into a juice container and keep as something to sip on it throughout the day or at the gym!
You could also add some nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs, or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into a delicious green smoothie bowl!
The Purrp – The Best Beetroot And Grape Smoothie If you find yourself wondering what to do with those leftover beets, then look no further than this delicious and best beetroot and grape smoothie! Packed…
Go Bananas – The Best Healthy Banana Smoothie If you’re feeling wild, go bananas with this crazy delicious and best healthy banana smoothie! Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, healthy fats (omega-3s,…
The Fruit Salad – The Best Green Fruit Smoothie Welcome back the early sunshine, blooming flowers and warm breeze of the spring season with this delicious, refreshing and best green fruit smoothie! Packed with exotic…
Take Me To The Bahamas – The Best Tropical Smoothie Had enough of the rainy, windy, chilly autumn? Take your mind, body and tastebuds to the Bahamas with this delicious, healthy and best tropical smoothie…
Club Tropicana – A Delicious Refreshing Healthy Shake So good you’ll go coconuts for this recipe! A tasty nutritious smoothie packed with iron, calcium, selenium, potassium, magnesium, protein, omega-3s, vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B3, B5,…