Seeing delicious fruit or veg going to waste is always a shameful sight. Use up some of those aging, over ripe, unwanted ingredients by chucking them into the blender! A simple base of leafy greens (kale/spinach) or salad leaves, some seeds/nuts, spoonful of coconut oil, and couple of extras of your choice and you’ll have yourself a delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg! By adding in a bit of coconut oil your body will be able to better absorb the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) in your smoothie.
Here’s a recipe I made earlier!
1. Wash your ingredients.
3. Cut open your apples and pears and remove the seeds and stems.
4. Peel the lemon.
6. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
7. Chuck half of them into your blender.
8. Add the raw cacao, hemp and flax seeds.
9. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
10. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
11. Add the XCT oil and water.
12. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
13. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
A delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg. Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour out into a juice container and keep as something to sip on it throughout the day or at the gym!
You could also add some nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs, or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into a delicious green smoothie bowl!
A Clockwork Orange – The Best Green Orange Smoothie Make use of some of those delicious, juicy, in-season oranges with this best green orange smoothie! Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, vitamin C, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium,…
Heard It Through The Grapevine – A Delicious, Healthy Grape Smoothie Get yourself in the groove with this funky grape smoothie! Packed with iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, carotene, healthy fats (omega-3s, omega-6s, MCTs),vitamins A, B(B1,…
Balance – A Deliciously Nutritious Balanced Smoothie The key component of a healthy lifestyle! Bring some balance to your diet with this delicious, yummy, balanced smoothie packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, iron, calcium, magnesium, lutein, healthy…
El Fruity – The Best Healthy Fruit Smoothie If you’re feeling a bit gloomy this cold, wet January, refresh your senses with this delicious and best healthy fruit smoothie! Packed with exotic flavours, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories,…
Black Magic – The Best Lychee Smoothie Summon something extra ordinary this winter with the best lychee smoothie recipe ever! A tingle on the senses, this smoothie is packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, iron, calcium, magnesium,…