Seeing delicious fruit or veg going to waste is always a shameful sight. Use up some of those aging, over ripe, unwanted ingredients by chucking them into the blender! A simple base of leafy greens (kale/spinach) or salad leaves, some seeds/nuts, spoonful of coconut oil, and couple of extras of your choice and you’ll have yourself a delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg! By adding in a bit of coconut oil your body will be able to better absorb the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) in your smoothie.
Here’s a recipe I made earlier!
1. Wash your ingredients.
3. Cut open your apples and pears and remove the seeds and stems.
4. Peel the lemon.
6. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
7. Chuck half of them into your blender.
8. Add the raw cacao, hemp and flax seeds.
9. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
10. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
11. Add the XCT oil and water.
12. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
13. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
A delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg. Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour out into a juice container and keep as something to sip on it throughout the day or at the gym!
You could also add some nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs, or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into a delicious green smoothie bowl!
The Ginger Ninja – A Simple Ginger And Turmeric Smoothie Thats The Ultimate Assassin Of Viruses And Bad Bacteria Autumn’s here and you’ve got the flu again? Wipe out any symptoms by unleashing a glass-full…
Black Magic – The Best Lychee Smoothie Summon something extra ordinary this winter with the best lychee smoothie recipe ever! A tingle on the senses, this smoothie is packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, iron, calcium, magnesium,…
When Life Gives You Melons – The Best Melon Smoothie When life gives you melons make the damn best melon smoothie ever! Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, healthy fats (omega-3s, omega-6s,…
Club Tropicana – A Delicious Refreshing Healthy Shake So good you’ll go coconuts for this recipe! A tasty nutritious smoothie packed with iron, calcium, selenium, potassium, magnesium, protein, omega-3s, vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B3, B5,…
The Anti Flu – An Ultimate Immune Boosting Smoothie The antichrist of all flus and bugs! This zingy, nutrient rich shake is packed with anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, beta-carotene, iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, omega-3s, a whole load…