With winter fast approaching it’s getting harder and harder to find fresh, organic, juicy fruit to liven up a smoothie. But don’t let that discourage you from staying healthy! Dried fruit still pack plenty of their original nutrients and bring a lovely sweetness to a smoothie. The recipe below is full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, fiber, healthy fats (omega-3s, omega-6s, MCTs), vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9), C, E, K… Sure to be the best dried fruit smoothie you’ll ever try!
Handful of dried:
2 Tablespoons of:
1. Wash your ingredients.
2. Peel the lemon. (Don’t worry about the ginger or beetroot. The skin actually contains a lot of fibre and nutrients.)
3. Cut open your apples and pears. Remove the seeds and stems.
4. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
5. Chuck half of them into your blender.
6. Add the nuts, dried fruit, seeds and powder.
7. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender.
8. Add the XCT oil and water.
9. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
10. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
Perfect as a light, healthy breakfast for the family. Little smoothie bottles you can keep in your fridge and drink at your convenience. Or just pour into a large juice container and keep with you as something to sip on throughout the day or at the gym!
Or go crazy and add some even more nuts, seeds, granola, raw cacao nibs or any extra fruit you might like and turn it into the ultimate, best dried fruit smoothie bowl!
For more smoothie bowls check out my collection here!
The Overseas Romance – Best Cranberry Smoothie During the colder months it can be a bit of a challenge finding fresh fruit that are in season. Not so for the humble cranberry though! These delicious sour…
Figaro’s Ghost – The Best Halloween Pumpkin Smoothie Wondering what to do with all the leftover pumpkin now that you’ve carved out your decorations? Chuck it in a blender with a few extra fruit and…
A Taste Of Autumn – A Healthy Delicious Autumn Apple Smoothie You know what they say – an apple a day keeps the doctor away! Make the most October’s ingredients with this nutritious apple smoothie….
Take Me To The Bahamas – The Best Tropical Smoothie Had enough of the rainy, windy, chilly autumn? Take your mind, body and tastebuds to the Bahamas with this delicious, healthy and best tropical smoothie…
A delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg Seeing delicious fruit or veg going to waste is always a shameful sight. Use up some of those aging, over ripe, unwanted ingredients by chucking them into…