The antichrist of all flus and bugs! This zingy, nutrient rich shake is packed with anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, beta-carotene, iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, omega-3s, a whole load of vitamin C as well as vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9), E, K… Sure to bring in the cavalry, helping your immune system fight off any lurking viruses, drawing a force shield in your body’s defences!
And the key ingredient to give it a tropical twist:
1. Wash your ingredients.
2. Peel your oranges, grapefruit, lemon, turmeric and ginger.
3. Cut off the ends of the carrots.
4. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks (cut the carrots into smaller pieces than I did as I broke my blender with these!).
5. Chuck half of them into your blender.
6. Add the flax seeds.
7. Scoop in the passion fruit.
8. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
9. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
10. Add the MCT oil and water.
11. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
12. When the shake looks nice and creamy, detach from the blender and pour out as desired.
Perfect as a light, healthy, immune boosting breakfast for the family, sharing with your flatmates or just something to sip on throughout the day!
Or add some nutty granola, raw cacao nibs, almonds, tangerines and turn it into a delicious healthy immune boosting smoothie bowl!
All Green – The Best Low Sugar Green Super Smoothie The perfect smoothie for anyone on a low sugar or detox diet! Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, detoxifiers, fiber, amino acids, iron, calcium, magnesium, choline, phosphorus, healthy…
One Flew Over The Figaro’s Nest – A Nutrient Packed Delicious Autumn Shake Waving goodbye to the last of the summer and bring you the best of early autumn! A deliciously sweet healthy autumn smoothie…
The Yogi – The Ultimate Yogi Smoothie Suited for the ultimate yogi master. For those looking to replenish their essential nutrients as well as giving your body the healthy protein and amino acids needed after an…
The Rhubarb Special – The Best Rhubarb Smoothie Make use of some of the delicious early rhubarb with this best rhubarb smoothie! Packed with anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, healthy fats (omega-3s, omega-6s, omega-9s,…
A delicious smoothie from leftover fruit and veg Seeing delicious fruit or veg going to waste is always a shameful sight. Use up some of those aging, over ripe, unwanted ingredients by chucking them into…