So good you’ll go coconuts for this recipe! A tasty nutritious smoothie packed with iron, calcium, selenium, potassium, magnesium, protein, omega-3s, vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9), C, E, K… Sure to get you feeling good and in the groove, ready to WHAM through the day!
1. Wash your ingredients.
2. Poke a few holes in your coconut and drain the coconut milk.
3. When you’ve drained all the liquid smash open your coconut (easiest way is with a hammer on a solid concrete floor) and separate the insides from the shell.
4. Peel your ginger and lemon.
5. Chop the fruit and veg into chunks.
6. Chuck half of them into your blender.
7. Add the Whey, flax seeds and the raw cacao nibs.
8. Throw in the rest of your fruit and veg into the blender (if struggling for space grab a potato masher and squish them down).
9. Attach your blender to the rest of it (this step is important if the bottom of your blender leaks when you add liquid).
10. Add the MCT oil and water.
11. Mix until the consistency looks smooth.
12. Add 8 ice cubes, and mix again.
13. When the ice has mixed in and the shake looks nice and creamy, detach the blender and pour out as desired.
Perfect as a light healthy breakfast for the family, sharing with your flatmates or as something to sip on throughout the day!
Or add some nutty granola, walnuts, almonds, raspberries, coconut, pineapple and turn it into a tasty nutritious smoothie bowl!
Figaro’s Ghost – The Best Halloween Pumpkin Smoothie Wondering what to do with all the leftover pumpkin now that you’ve carved out your decorations? Chuck it in a blender with a few extra fruit and…
The Overseas Romance – Best Cranberry Smoothie During the colder months it can be a bit of a challenge finding fresh fruit that are in season. Not so for the humble cranberry though! These delicious sour…
The Shabba Ranks – A Healthy Nutritious Protein Shake Booyaka! Booyaka! Start your day with a little Ting-A-Ling-A-Ling-A-Ling! Sweet nutritious smoothie packed with healthy proteins, amino acids, vitamins A, B(B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9), C,…
Blueberry Heaven – A Healthy Delicious Protein Shake Get rid of any morning blues with this stairway to heaven! A nutritious healthy smoothie packed with antioxidants, iron, calcium, copper, magnesium, omega-3s, vitamins A, B(B1, B2,…
The Tropical – Best Banana and Pineapple Smoothie Get a taste of the tropics with this delicious, best banana and pineapple smoothie. Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, magnesium, manganese, calcium, potassium, vitamin C and a host…