Looking for a way to boost the humble carrot? Infuse it with some salty, sour and spicy flavours as well as healthy probiotics with this delicious and best fermented carrot recipe!
Packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, healthy gut bacteria, b-Carotene, biotin, fiber, potassium and vitamins A, K, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6. These are some golden little gems that explode with flavour! Use them to spice up and bring a tangy crunch to any salad, sandwich, lunch or dinner. Needless to say these fermented carrots go hand in hand with a cheeky cheeseboard too!
1. Wash and scrub off the carrots.
2. Peel and chop the onions and garlic.
3. Slice the carrots in a preferred way. (I used a spiralizer to create little noodles)
4. Grate the ginger and turmeric and finely slice the spring onions.
5. Transfer ingredients to a bowl, season with the herbs and spices and mix it all in.
6. Using your hands, transfer the mixture in to your pickling jar, pushing it down with a wooden spoon.
7. When you’ve squeezed in the mixture, pour it over with water. Make sure it fully submerges the carrots. Mix it all in again, put on a lid but don’t seal it, and set it aside away from any sunlight.
8. Every other day, take off the lid and give it a good mix. Try to keep the carrots submerged to prevent any mould growth. Could also choose to weigh it down with a heavy object or smaller jar (i.e. mustard jar). Let it ferment for about 10-14 days.
Try experimenting with flavour combinations you like to create your own best fermented carrot recipe!
The Best Kefir Recipe This humble super-drink has been around for centuries but only now finding prominence in western culture. It is packed with probiotics, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B12, biotin, folate, riboflavin, and vitamin K2….
Flavouring Kombucha Tea Feel like you’ve mastered the process of making regular Kombucha and want to experiment further? Flavour your Kombucha with some creative, distinct flavours to personalise it even further! This process will begin…
Kombucha Tea – An Immune Boosting, Fermented Super Tea What is Kombucha Tea? Kombucha is a fermented, usually slightly fizzy, tea drink that is great for your gut health, immune system and libido (sex drive!)….
Quick and easy fermented peppers recipe If you’re looking for a little something extra from your pepper, try out this quick and easy fermented peppers recipe! Using a simple brine mixture, and a bit of…
The Best Fermented Tomatoes Recipe Make use of any leftover tomatoes by making these nutritious, tasty little probiotic bombs! Exploding in with intense flavour, they’re packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, probiotics, vitamins A, B, C, E,…